Sunday, July 11, 2010

Twelve years today...

Today, 7/11/10, marks the 12 year anniversary of Jason and I being a couple. I actually didn't think of it until we were coming back from picking blueberries. Now that I have though, it has me thinking. First, it has me thinking how terribly happy I am to be married to Jason. He's such a caring person, even when he's trying to be "tough." It also has me thinking that maybe tomorrow really will be our lucky day. Wouldn't that be a great anniversary present? The part I wish I wasn't thinking about is that eleven years into our relationship and we are the only people in our immediate family. That part hurts a little. I just have to remind myself that it is only temporary. With each passing day a little bit of the pain goes away. We're making through. We're still together. Still strong. No matter what anyone thought would happen through the devastation that was our life, we've made it! We are SOOOO looking forward to being parents to Sophie.

I've already had people say that Sophie is so lucky to have us as parents. They are completely wrong. WE are so lucky to have her as our daughter. She has been the missing family member that we've been longing for.
Hoping for an exciting post tomorrow...

0 comments: