Monday, July 5, 2010

The LOA wait continues!

Okay, I know! I'm just being a little dramatic. We are currently in limbo. We are waiting on our LOA (letter of acceptance) a.k.a. LSC (letter seeking confirmation). Let me tell you, the waiting reallllllly stinks! I think that the waiting is worse since WACAP said that they are seeing these come in more quickly than usual. We are currently at day 44. Typically Monday's are the busiest days for LOA's to arrive. However, since yesterday was the fourth, everyone is closed today! I'm praying that our letter is sitting in a DHL truck somewhere, just waiting to be delivered! I have been checking out the China Adopt Talk website and tracking everyone's LOA's there. That's added a whole new level of insanity. I've seen several families who have been waiting less time
get their LOA. Currently there are 8 families who have been waiting longer than us and 4 other families with the same wait. The good news is that last week (Friday) there were 11 LOA's. Hopefully if we can have a repeat of that I'll be off this list and on to the TA (travel approval) list. At least during the TA there are several small steps to look forward to...plus we'll be the HOOMMMEEE stretch! Well...let's see what happens tomorrow!

0 comments: