Monday, July 12, 2010

LOA! LOA! LOA!

Finally, it's here! I am SOOOOOO relieved. Today I was watching the China Adopt Talk chart as the LOA's started to roll. First there were a couple of families who were ahead of me that got their letters. That was a great sign. Then I became a little frustrated as families at day 19 started to get letters. No offense to them, super exciting for them. However, that wasn't so very reassuring to ME.

Finally I emailed Yu Ping just to follow-up and ask if she knew anything else. I also asked if DHL had come by at all. A few moments later I popped open anther WACAP email just to familiarize myself with their area code. I told Alison the area code to be on the look out for. I'd also just turned in Sophie's O2B enrollment paperwork to Alison.

At this point I figured I had exerted enough energy on LOA speculation and began to finish a project I was working on. I walked to the back office where I'd be able to use our copier. Just then the phone rang. Alison was talking to a parent so I decided to answer. I looked down at the phone. It said 206. Yep, 206 is the area code I've been waiting for.

For a second I asked myself "would Yu Ping be calling me regarding my email?" Then I froze and stuttered to find my words. Shoot, I couldn't even remember how we answer the phone at work. Should I just say "hi Yu Ping?" No, that would be right. "We're having a great day at O2B Kids College. This is Stacy, how can I help you?" Yu Ping asked how I was. I reassured her I was having a good day but then asked "is it good, or great?" She replied "I have some exciting news for you." She went on to explain that not 5 minutes had passed since my email that the DHL truck showed up at WACAP. It felt like 7 minutes on my end...but sure, we'll go with 5. Hysterics, jumping, crying, screaming, and hugging. Simultaneously!!! I hope some day I can reenact the scene that took place for Sophie. It was quite a sight.

After hanging up with Yu Ping I called Jason. No answer. Every phone number, no answer. What was going on???? I then called my mom. She said that she knew it was good news because I was calling earlier than normal. My dad woke up from his "rest" to get on the phone and see what I had to say. It was so fun! As I was on the phone I saw an email from Patti so I immediately told her we received our LOA. I realized later I should have clarified what the heck an LOA was, but I think she got it later.

Once I left work I was able to finish all of my phone calls. I called Gram and Grandpa. I called Aunt Debbie. I called Aunt Muriel. So fun! I also made sure to post on the China Adopt Talk website so I'd GET OFF THE LIST! Of course that was immediately followed by a request to be added to the list of folks awaiting travel notices (TA's).

So, that's it for now. I'll post some more info tomorrow, specifically all of the coming steps. Right now we're just going to be waiting for our 1-800 approval. To be continued...

0 comments: