Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Going crazy, wanna come?

First of all, I just want to point out that at this moment it has been a full week since our Article 5 was picked.  I'd also like to point out that the two families on the China Adopt Talk group that got their Article 5 picked up last Monday got their travel approval on Monday of this week.  (((Side note:  Article 5's can only be picked up on Monday's and Thursday's)))  Now then, knowing that the last families to receive Article 5 before us only waited a week is MAKING ME CRAZY because technically we could receive notice tomorrow.  I know, you're probably wondering how likely that is, right?  Well, the average wait on China Adopt Talk right now is 14 days.  Yu Ping from our agency also told us that TA can take from 2-5 weeks.  Here's the other catch though.  When I printed out a calendar of September, October and November and marked all of the holidays and events down...I mistakenly wrote that the earliest we could receive TA would be tomorrow.  I wrote this instead of the 9th which is the two week mark and before I knew that the other families received their TA in a week.  Could this be a sign?  I suppose it could, but now if I don't get TA tomorrow I'll be EVEN CRAZIER!  Thank goodness Jason isn't crazy!

Last week after receiving Article 5 I found out that if we don't receive TA in less than three weeks we're going to have to contend with both the Trade Fair and/or Asian Games in Guangzhou as well as the crazy hotel expenses and possible full hotels.  That would also put us in October or November travel.  If we can score TA in less than three weeks we may be able around October 11th or even end of September if the province is able to work during the weekend.  Obviously this is what we're hoping.  Also, because there are two major holidays we need to be prepared to work around them or stay extra days.  Here are all of the events:

Sept. 22-24, Mid Autumn Festival-China closed
Oct. 1-7, National Day (oxymoron?)-China closed
Oct. 15-19,  Oct. 23-27, Oct. 31-Nov. 4, Trade fair = good luck finding a hotel
Nov.12-27, Asian Games = People in China laugh at silly Americans who try to find a hotel! 

Both the Canton Trade Fair and Asian Games are held in Guangzhou where we are going to spend the second half of the trip.  I'm sure it would be a blast to be there, IF we could find a room!  However, we want Sophie home NOW so can you all please cross your fingers?  Thanks!

As for this wait...once again a China Adopt Talk reference...on the "waiting for TA list" there are only 3 families who are still waiting for TA ahead of us and they received Article 5 on 8/19 just a week before us.  There are also three other families with Article 5 the same day as us.  I remember getting super anxious and crazy when our LOA was looming closer.  The bad news here is that I don't think I'm going to chill out until after we return...if I'm able to chill then!  There is just SOOOOO much to do! 

I started packing last weekend and Jason and I have several projects we're hoping to complete this week.  I'm thankful for the three day weekend but also nervous that it may be my last free weekend to make a dent our to-do's.  Next weekend I have a work party Friday night, an all day education conference on Saturday, and a friend's baby shower on Sunday.  Hopefully I'll accomplish everything this weekend so I can stop stressing.  I'm sure Jason hopes the same thing (that I'll stop stressing and driving him batty).

Last thought for now...

I'm VERY excited for all of my fellow Inner Mongolia friends who are traveling now or getting ready to travel.  I'm living vicariously through you all.  Thanks for sharing your stories so that I can feel closer to our baby.  Also, I hope to meet several of you in the upcoming weeks.  Millie (are you out there?) I think our families are following very similar time lines.  Kim, please catch up so you can come when we're there!  I think you catching up is better than me slowing down, don't you think? 

Whoooooooooo  ALL DONE!  Crazy is going to bed!

4 comments:

Christy and Kevin

Stacy I know the TA has to come soon! I can totally relate to it driving you crazy! We waited longer than any families recently, but try to remember the timing will work out the best when it does come. When we were told we would most likely travel at the end of July or early August and are just now traveling next week I was a wreck! Jason was not alone with a wife driving him batty! LOL
My father in law (who lives with us) fell and broke his wrist requiring surgery at the end of July, and had we left when we were suppose to this household would have been a mess and left us finding someone else to care for him, all of our animals and the house which is on the market. Now I was able to re-arrange Keaton's Adoption Team and Palate team appointments on the October dates they hold for the teams, and this gave us some time to settle in before taking him to grueling 2 hours long each MD appts. It is clear now this is the best time for us to leave now. I really wanted Keaton home by now and do not want him to get any older before we get to him. Hang in there!!!God's timing is best!I pray you will get to post your TA soon!

Tracey

Stacy, hang in there. We are right there with you too. We've been told our Article 5 will be delivered next week. We were also originally told we might be traveling in July or August. God has a plan for all of us and our waiting children too. I am convinced this whole process is training for the patience that is required of parenting.

Snowie1978

Good luck Stacy ....I am praying for you everyday. I hope to see lots and lots of pictures real soon of your new daughter.

Anonymous

We would love to catch up to you! Trying our hardest, but one can only do so much with the US govt...you know? Our agency has been getting the superfast TAs lately..so in theory it is possible. Yes, we are going to be right in the middle of the October crazyness...hoping we all can get through that quickly!

Hoping yours comes soon!
Kim from Cali