Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Whooo Hooooo! Here comes the sun!

Well, it's official.  We are going to China!  Our travel approval actually came yesterday and we were notified today.  Great Labor Day, right?  I was sitting at my desk and had already told Alison that I didn't think we'd have any TA's today.  Then a little while later the phone rang.  This always makes my heart skip a beat, even though it rings 200 times a day.  I gasped.  Alison turned suddenly to me.  I relaxed when I saw that it was not Washington.  However, it was Jason.  I didn't expect to speak to him about anything specific but he did have something specific to talk to me about.  A message had been left on the answering machine (yes, sometimes he does check the answering machine-LOL) from WACAP.  It was the message we've been waiting for!  Hopefully in the next couple of days we'll actually be able to answer "when are you leaving?"  We are shooting for a CA appointment of either 10/11, 10/12, 10/13, 10/18, or 10/19 (in order of preference) unless there is any way possible for them to get us in sooner.  Remember, this appointment is towards the end of week two, so if we've solidified a 10/11 appointment, we'll have to leave in September.  Also, we have the wonderful events in China to contend with.  Since Yu Ping was out of the office today, Heidi called.  She said that they may try to get us a hotel out of the city if we end up with one of the later CA dates.  I told her that we'd prefer to travel sooner and spend more days than go later and deal with the hotels.  We'll have more information to follow...

Thanks to everyone who has been following, even those who have been following quietly behind the scenes.  Rhonda...that means you too!

3 comments:

Snowie1978

Stacy I am SO Happy for you. I know you are both SO excited. Hang in there Sophie is almost home.

Hugs and love to you and Jason

KO

Isn't it great to have travel plans.

We just got our similar plans. We fly to HK on 10/6 and then hopefully meet our daughter on 10/9 or 10/10.

I love your poem. Did you write it?

Stacy and Jason

Thanks! I wish I could claim this poem. I believe the author is unknown. However, there is a book titled Motherbridge of Love. It's a children's book and those are the words. I guess I probably should not have copied it word for word! LOL