Saturday, September 25, 2010

12 More Days!

Wow!  We're getting much closer (12 more days) and this has been a VERRRRY busy past two weeks.  I'm actually glad things have been hectic because it's minimized the time I've had to dwell on things!  Last weekend was our baby shower.  It was a very special day.  I enjoyed having my aunts and cousin visit...some of who have not visited Gainesville before.  It was a great girls weekend.  The only downside was that I was staying up past my normal bedtime and then had to get up early all this week for parent conferences.  I don't think I've ever been so exhausted!

I only have one week of work left before I take off.  I'd debated on whether or not I would plan on working the first couple of days of the following week but I'm glad I chose to leave the option open for me to not work.  Most of next week is going to be spent on parent conferences as well, which means I'll only have Thursday and Friday to spend with my staff.  Therefore, I'm thrilled that I can spend Monday and Tuesday of the week we leave playing catch-up, working from home, popping into work when I want, and tending to last minute priorities...like getting my hair done.  Hey, a girl has to get her priorities straight!

This weekend I'm collecting documents and updating our packing list...and of course packing more!  We received a lot of items last weekend that we'll want to take with us.  I can't wait to give Sophie her first bath, read to her, and feed her!  We met with Yu Ping over the phone of Thursday and she gave us some ideas of what to bring to China as gifts, as well as how many.  She told us that we should not use white tissue or paper or give clocks as those are both bad luck.  One of our tasks this weekend will be to get red and gold paper or bags and some small gifts.  I'm going to check out TJ Maxx and see if I can find some pretty stationary, not made in China.  Yu Ping wished me much luck on that!  LOL  We'll also be making one last stop at the mall.  Jason is in need of some new shorts and pants and I'd like to get new sneakers.  The Great Wall is calling my name and I don't think I need sneakers with the soles coming loose!  Finally, I need to do one last Target run and pick up a few remaining items.  I need to get child locks for our lever door handles and a thermometer.  I'm sure I'll think of other things too...and probably end up running to Target again next weekend, but one can dream! 

Here are some pictures from last weekend.  I'll post the rest on my FB page.

 My favorite nurse!

 My cute husband is getting into this girly stuff I think!
 Twas' two nights before the shower.  Everyone ate, and laughed, and played.  Not a belly was empty, nor a relative who misbehaved.  We enjoyed ones company, and then off to bed.  We had lots of plans to unfold and a busy weekend ahead.




 All of my aunts!
 We had visitors drop in at the end of the shower.






Okay, off to write thank you notes!  I think I'm going to need a bigger mail box!


3 comments:

Dmenten

What a GREAT time e had at your shower...you can tell by all the smiles...Happy Trails....

Millie

Wow, your shower was beautiful and I just love the Panda Cake!! I will be keeping up with your blog during your trip. Safe trip and many blessings for your family.

Millie and Juan
Puerto Rico

Christy and Kevin

Stacy we are so excited for you and Jason! I can not wait to see your Gotcha Day pics and all of your updates for Sophie! We will have to keep our babies in touch after you are home! The other baby in the background of the picture of ours with Sophie was a little boy and his name is now Myles who now lives in Australia! How amazing to have found and met both babies in the background of that pic! We will pray for safe travels for you guys!! I know you are too excited for words!