Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The dossier is in the mail!

WHOO HOO! I am happy to report that our dossier went out today! Yesterday I emailed Yu Ping to see if she had any updates on our paperwork. I'd had a terrible nightmare that we hit a hold up the night before. Yu Ping responded and let me know that she had received our paperwork. She also let us know that our dossier would go out today.

Late this evening I received an email confirming that it DID go out! it will take a few days to arrive in China and then 2-4 weeks to get a log in date. After that, Yu Ping will be looking for us. The other great news is that she says the CCAA typically updates their waiting child list the third week of each month. Since it is just now the third week of April, there is a great chance that we'll make the May cut off! Remember also, the longest a family has waiting this year, once getting on the waiting child wait list, has been one month. Oh my! Also, since families are traveling 8-16 weeks after acceptance, if you do the math that means we could travel as early as July!!! I know that is best case scenario, but it's nuts! Normal folks have 9 months to prepare for a baby. That's 7 for us! Aaaaaaaaaah! Guess we better get a move on it! Time crunch is a great problem to have though!!!!! So much better than the others we've had along the years.

0 comments: