Tuesday, August 3, 2010

1800 update

It's been a few days since I called immigration (or NBC to be exact) to find out our 1800 status and was told we didn't exist.  I figured I'd give it another try today.  The gentleman that answered the phone asked for my last name.  Then he wanted to know the name of the country we were adopting from.  Then the agency.  Then the child's name.  I had to chuckle at that since in China it would be Pan Ying and in the United States it's Ying Pan.  Which did he want?  Was my answer going to dictate whether he would give me information?  I laughed aloud and explained that it would depend on if we were in the US or in China.  I guess I passed the test because he then told me our file was given to the adjudicator.  He patched me to their desk and I left a message to be called or emailed on our status....so we'll see how much a part of the US government they are based on whether I get a response or not.  The good news is that I have no problem at all annoying the poop out of them until they process my paperwork.  If it means getting me to Sophie one day sooner...consider it done!  Hopefully we'll be on to the next step by the end of the week.  One can wish anyway.

0 comments: