Thursday, March 18, 2010

USCIS

We received our second letter from USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) today. They have scheduled us to visit their Jacksonville office on March 29th at 8:00AM. I will say...they were VERY speedy getting our second letter to us. Hopefully this is an indication of things to come.

I feel like I'm in trouble though. The fact that I have to visit USCIS makes me feel like they think I'm harboring illegal aliens or that they are going to quiz us to make sure our marriage is legitimate. Of course that is not what will happen, but it's just odd. I'm thinking we are going to leave the house VERY early that morning JUST IN CASE. That is NOT an appointment I want to miss.

I believe after that the estimation is 4-6 weeks to get clearance. At that time we'll have the last piece of documentation needed for our dossier and it can go to China. Hooray!

Another step in the right direction...

0 comments: